Illinois Becomes Fifth State to Enact Law on Fertility Preservation Coverage!
Fertility Preservation Bill
This bill requires insurers to provide coverage for certain fertility preservation procedures; Illinois already has an IVF mandate. Only includes “standard” procedures for “medically necessary” procedures to prevent “iatrogenic infertility.”
- Originally introduced: 2017
- New law will require insurers to cover egg, embryo freezing for cancer patients
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association Applauds Illinois for Insurance Coverage For Fertility Preservation
- HB 2617 Illinois – Openstates.org Bill Information
- Cancer Patients Guaranteed Oncofertility Treatment Coverage Under New Illinois Law